45 minutes, 9 rolls, 85 calories per roll, pescaterian
- 9 rice paper sheets
- 3 cups mixed melon of your choice, diced. (I used watermelon, hami melon and honeydew.)
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped cilantro
- 3 chopped scallions
- 9 tiger shrimp
- 1 tablespoon roasted sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons whole sesame seeds
- Sea salt and pepper
- 1 lemon, juiced
- Dice the melon into tinny cubes. Chop the cilantro and mix both the cilantro and melon together into a bowl. Pour the lemon juice onto the fruits and let it sit while you cook the shrimp.
- Heat up a cast pan and pour the sesame oil in it. Remove the shell on the shrimp and cut them in half on the long side. Place them into the hot sesame oil along with the sesame seeds.
- Stir until all the shrimp is red and cooked.
- Add some sea salt and pepper, remove from the pan and place them on a cutting board. Chop them into small pieces with a chef knife.
- Drain the lemon juice and water at the bottom of the fruits bowl and add the cooked shrimp.
- Pour hot water into a deep pan large enough to fit the rice sheet in.
- Let each rice paper sheet soak one by one. It should take about 30-45 seconds depending on how warm is your water. Dont over soak them, they will become very fragile and break.
- Lay flat the pre-soaked rice sheet and fill with 1/3 cup of the melon mix into the middle of the sheet.
- Close each side and roll tight on itself. Let the roll sit for 10 minutes minimum before manipulating it too much.
- Repeat this operation for the 8 rolls left.
- Serve with a little lemon and gluten free soy sauce if you wish or as is.