- 1/2 lb raw deveined shrimp
- 1 green pepper
- 1 medium red onion, quartered
- BBQ sauce*
- 8 wooden or metal skewers
- Wash vegetables. Cut into 1 inch pieces.
- If using wooden skewers, soak them in water 30 minutes in advance. If using metal skewers, brush with oil or spray.
- Preheat grill on medium-high heat setting.
- Thread shrimp and vegetables alternately onto skewers.
- Grill kabobs, for 4-7 minutes, brushing often with barbecue sauce.
*Technically speaking, to barbecue food is to slowly roast it at a low temperature. But in today’s cookout vernacular barbecue is synonymous with cooking with barbecue sauce. This is the marinade used in barbecue cooking. There are many different versions of barbecue sauce, but most include some variation of vinegar and/or tomato paste as a base. Leave your favorite BBQ sauce recipe in the comments!