By: Rose Marie Jarry, Master Chef at Kronobar
45 minutes, 4 servings, 244 calories per serving, Vegan, gluten-free
- 1 big eggplant
- 4 TBS soy sauce (gluten free)
- 1 inch fresh ginger root, grated
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 TBS roasted sesame oil
- 1/2 TSP chili oil
Bed of mashed turnips:
- 3 cups diced turnips
- 1 cup diced potatoes
- 4 TBS of virgin coconut oil
- 1 garlic clove
- Side dish of green beans
- 4 cups fresh green beans
- 5 garlic cloves
- 2 TBS virgin coconut oil
- 1 TBS coconut palm sugar (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 400F.
- In a bowl, mix all of the marinade ingredients together.
- Cut the eggplant in long thin slices and let them soak in the marinade for 30 minutes.
- Dice the turnips and potatoes and steam for 20 minutes.
- Mash turnips and potatoes with coconut oil and chopped garlic.
- Heat a pan with 1 tablespoon of coconut oil and fry the eggplant pieces for 5 minutes.
- Place eggplant slices on a cookie sheet with the leftover marinade and finish cooking in oven for 10 minutes.
- Serve eggplant with a big spoonful of mashed turnip and steamed green beans.