By: Rose Marie Jarry, Master Chef at Kronobar
20 minutes, 2 servings, gluten-free, dairy free, egg free.
- 1 cup fresh salmon, diced in small cubes
- 2 tablespoons cold lime juice
- 3 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 medium ripe mango
- 2 tablespoons mint, chopped
- Pinch of pink Himalayan sea salt
- ¼ cup organic cane sugar
- ¼ cup water
- For this recipe you should use only super fresh salmon, ask for sushi grade salmon at your store.
- We will start by making the crispy treats, a crunchy caramel topped with sesame seeds.
- Heat up a small saucepan and add the water and sugar. Cook on high heat for 6 minutes.
- After 6 minutes remove from the heat right away and drop 1-2 drops of ONLY water. This process will stop the caramel from cooking so it does not get too dark or burn. Don’t add more because you will liquify it too much.
- Pour the liquid caramel on a plastic cutting board right away. You can use a rubber spatula to help you get the caramel out of the pan. Do not use your finger, it burns!
- Sprinkle 1-2 TBS of sesame seed over it while it is still hot. Let it cool down and set aside.
- Chop the fresh salmon into tiny pieces, place them into a bowl.
- Peel the mango and cut around the pit. Dice all the mango into super small cubes as well. Add them into the salmon bowl.
- Pour the lime juice, add the sea salt, honey, remaining sesame seeds and chopped mint into the bowl.
- Mix everything together and serve 2 portions of it.
- Crack the caramel treats with your hand when it is cold and serve with the tartar.