By: Rose Marie Jarry, Master Chef at Kronobar
Preparation time:10 minutes + 50 minutes of cooking, 3 servings, gluten-free, vegan.
- 3 big potatoes, washed
- ¼ cup avocado oil
- ½ teaspoon cardamom powder
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ of teaspoon black lemon pepper
Vegan Sour Cream:
- 2 tablespoons creamed coconut paste
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon hot water
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 pinch cardamom powder
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 pinch sea salt
- Preheat oven to 415F.
- Make some cuts into each potato throughout their whole length, being sure not to cut through them completely. Basically, the potatoes should still be held together.
- Place the potatoes on a cookie sheet.
- In a small bowl, mix the oil and spices and then pour them onto the potatoes, being sure to allow the oil to get insides the cuts.
- Bake in the oven for 50 minutes.
- In the meantime, use a small food processor to blend all the sour cream ingredients until you have a smooth creamy texture. Use this vegan sour cream to pour onto the potatoes when then are done cooking.